Rule #1:Always keep it Safe. Use Common Sense every time.
Rule #2:Always keep it in mind that: If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
NOTE: Imogun DOES NOT ACT as agent for any buyer or seller. Under no circumstances shall we ever collect money or items on behalf of anyone.
Please read the above NOTE again.
Try and follow the following simple steps for a safe and successful buying and selling experience on our website:
Meet up to see the item in person. Make sure you are completely happy with the item before handing over any money.
Although we do not recommend paying for an item you haven’t seen, if you are planning to do this, please use a secure payment method.
For your personal safety, meet in a ‘lighted’ public place and always take someone you trust with you, or at least tell a friend or family member where you’re going and for what purpose.
Never carry large sums of money with you. If you’re looking to buy something expensive, we recommend that you meet with the seller to view the item first. If you are happy to proceed with the purchase, either go to the bank with the seller or arrange to meet somewhere safe for the exchange.
Listen to your intuition. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Do your homework on companies. If you are purchasing goods or services from registered companies (e.g. Insurance companies) please make sure you convinced yourself about the fidelity of the company or those that purport to represent it.
Do not part with your money or goods until you are absolutely certain of the genuineness of the transaction.
When meeting up on Imogun it is important to be safe, try and follow the tips listed below.
– If someone is coming to your home please make sure you have a partner, friend or family member with you.
– If you are meeting up, please make sure it is in a well-lit, public place and take someone with you.
– If you are meeting the buyer alone, keep your phone with you and let someone know where you’re going.
– Don’t carry large sums of cash – instead agree a price in person and then find the nearest safest place to get and provide the money.
– Always ask questions when discussing the item/service. This is perfectly normal and ensures that everyone is treated fairly.
– Don’t worry about saying no and trying again with a new buyer/seller; if it sounds/looks too good to be true, it normally is.
Keep things local by meeting face to face with the buyer to exchange items and money at the same time.
Never send items upfront in advance of receiving payment. If you are using a secure payment method, always check that the credit amount is showing as cleared funds on your balance.
If you are in doubt about a buyer or seller either contact us or simply find another buyer.
If you suspect a foul-play, contact the local authorities immediately.